The American Turners is a national organization founded in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1848 by German immigrants. Our motto, "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body", explains the purpose of the American Turners. We are a family organization, encouraging people of all ages to be mentally and physically active.
Our 50 Societies, located in 11 Districts throughout the United States, participate in athletic and cultural activities. Many have gymnasiums and teach gymnastics and other sports to people of all ages. We have yearly national competitions in gymnastics, golf, bowling, softball, volleyball, and cultural activities. In addition there are regional events in other sports.
The National Turnfest is the longest running festival in the United States and happens every four years. Turnfest is most commonly compared to the Olympics with many events for our members to participate in, including gymnastics, golf, volleyball, pickleball, track and field, swimming, cultural events and much more! Come be part of the Turner Family Fun today!
Shop Amazon. Why?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Click this Link and shop as ususal (Yes, even with your Prime account!) It's that easy!
» 55th National TurnFest - Ft Wayne
- 2019 National Festival - Fort Wayne, IN. - TENTATIVE Schedule
- 2018 National Council Meeting Minutes are signed and complete! And see a complete list of all Reports presented!
- 2018 Operations and Procedural Manual has been updated!
- 2018 October Turner Topics issue is Here!!
- Revised By-Laws of American Turners are now available!
- 2018 National Convention Part A and Part B is Available now!! Convention was at Concordia Turners, St. Louis, MO Aug 3-4!
- National Scholarship Rules & Application Form**
- Youth Membership Application form